MS State Fair
Safety and Security
Mississippi State Fair Security Measures
The following security measures are being implemented for the 2023 Mississippi State Fair:
- Beginning at 9:00 p.m., any guest under the age of eighteen (18) seeking admission to the Fairgrounds must be accompanied by a legal adult (21 or older). Any guest may be asked to show official proof of age to be admitted after 9:00 p.m. When entering the Midway, all guests will proceed through one (1) of the seven (7) entry security points utilizing a metal detector, and/or be subject to magnetic wanding.
- All bags are subject to search. The maximum bag size that will be accepted into the Fair is 12”x12”x6”.
- No outside food or beverage allowed.
- No marketing, soliciting, political, or vending items allowed unless authorized under Fairground regulations.
- No animals (other than service animals or as authorized by Fair management for Fair activities), banners, fireworks/explosives, or laser pointers allowed.
- Pursuant to state law, the legal carry of firearms by all lawful adults is recognized on the Mississippi Fairgrounds.
- Exceptions and challenges to these policies will be satisfied at the discretion of Fair Management.
About the Fairgrounds
The Mississippi Fairgrounds Complex covers over 105 acres and hosts more than 700 events per year. With various facilities for exhibitions, trade and consumer shows, you will find all the elements to make a truly successful event, along with Mississippi’s tradition of hospitality. The complex is an integral part of beautiful downtown Jackson, where the charm of the old and new South blends to form a modern city with a wealth of activities and cultural attractions. The Fairgrounds Complex is truly one of the South’s most inviting locations for practically any attraction or event.
MS State Fair insider.
Stay connected for events, discounts & deals, news, and so much more!